At King’s Furlong Infant School and Nursery we value our School Council.
The children made speeches to their classes and votes were held to decide
who would be representing each class.
This years representatives are-
Shrimps-Toby and Amelia
Starfish- Maksim and Charmain
Angelfish- Aliza-May and Abdulrahman
Octopus- Florence and Harkabir
Seahorse – Alyssia and Logan
Turtles-Spencer and Ella
Dolphins-Freddie and Liliana
The School Council work with Mr Emery, to decide on different actions and things to focus on to help develop the school. This year the School Council will also be thinking about how they can support the local community and protect our world.
Positive quotes from children about our School Council are:
“The School Council make sure people are safe.”
“We help make sure everybody in our school follows the rules."
“The School Council are really important people and they have special badges.”
School Council projects completed so far this year-
- Organised Children in Need Day - we chose what the children could wear.
- We visited a Care Home, talking to the residents, helping with Christmas crafts and singing some songs.
- We have helped to show perspective parents around our school.
- Helped to organise Mad Hair Day to support St. Michael's Hospice Charity.
Future School Council plans-
- Organising a purple Day to support the Spotlight charity, who do much to help families, on their 15th birthday in April.
- We are going to choose new Shooting Star stickers for the whole school.
- We are going to sell ice creams at activities day.