At King’s Furlong Infant School and Nursery we value our School Council.
The children made speeches to their classes and votes were held to decide
who would be representing each class.
This years representatives are-
Shrimps-Paisley and Hoorain
Starfish- Hallie and Aziz
Angelfish- Hugo and Arthur
Octopus- Charlotte and Kenta
Seahorse – Ava and Chayse
Turtles-Majha and Sarah
Dolphins-Fatimah and Tommy
The School Council work with our Deputy Headteacher, Mrs Davidson, to decide on different actions and things to focus on to help develop the school. This year the School Council will also be thinking about how they can support the local community and protect our world.
Positive quotes from children about our School Council are:
“The School Council make sure people are safe.”
“We help make sure everybody in our school follows the rules."
“The School Council are really important people and they have special badges.”
School Council projects completed so far this year-
- Walking feet posters for display around school. These are to remind children to use their walking feet.
- Raised money for Children in Need
- Basingstoke Christmas Tree festival
- Christmas cards for the elderly
- Care home visit
- Crazy hair day- raised money for St Michael's Hospice
- Chose Lunchtime/ playground buddy bibs
- Recycling/save water/ switch off lights
Future School Council plans-
- Celebration cards/letters for the coronation
- Healthy lunch boxes
- Considerate parking