At King’s Furlong Infant School and Nursery we celebrate and welcome differences within our community. Our curriculum is designed to give all learners the skills and knowledge they need to build foundations to succeed in life and develop a lifelong love of learning.
We have planned our curriculum to promote children’s understanding of diversity, culture and inclusivity valuing individual needs thus preparing children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. Our curriculum provides opportunities for children to develop as independent, resilient and confident learners, with high aspirations, who know how to make a positive contribution to their community and wider society. Children will learn to recognise their own worth, develop a sense of their own identity as well as working with, and respecting, others.
The curriculum has been designed to ensure that academic success, as well as physical development, well-being and mental wellness are key elements that support the development of the whole child promoting a positive attitude to learning.
Our aim is to deliver a curriculum that challenges, excites, inspires and builds on children’s interests. Learning is carefully sequenced so that skills and knowledge build on prior learning and experiences. It recognises that children will be at different stages of their learning journey and ensures that curriculum planning is tailored to individual needs. We plan our curriculum to ensure that children achieve success by applying their skills and understanding across a range of contexts and subjects.
Vocabulary is planned within subjects and explicitly taught. Opportunities are provided for children to explore both oral and written language. We want our children to understand language and be able to communicate in a range of settings and situations.
The King’s Furlong Infant School and Nursery curriculum:
- Provides real, exciting and memorable experiences
- Ensures all children receive learning opportunities which meet their needs and interests
- Supports pupils to attain highly in reading, writing and maths
- Ensures that knowledge and skills are taught progressively so that children build on what they already know and understand
- Allows children to achieve depth to their learning by applying their knowledge and skills in a range of contexts and subjects
- Develops children with enquiring minds, who question the world around them with curiosity
- Extends learning beyond the classroom through engaging enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities
- Supports children’s social and emotional skills, and promoting physical and mental healthy
- Develops children’s personal values, qualities and attitudes thus promoting acceptance and diversity and respect of other people and their beliefs, views and opinions
- Encourages children to be caring and responsible and have an awareness of themselves as part of a wider community
Further, more detailed, information about what your child will be learning for each half term can be found on the class pages.
Happy Ever After
Close to home…
The time that….
I wonder why…..
What am I made of?
Where can you find me?
(Animals and homes)
How do I grow?
Seasons and weather
Throughout the year
What does your child learn at school? Find information about our curriculum subjects here.