At Kings Furlong Infant School and Nursery, we promote positive mental health and wellbeing for our whole school community: children, staff and families. As the most important influence on our children at school we think it is important that we work together and provide support if you need it. Working as a team, with you, is the best way we can support our children socially, emotionally as well as academically.
Our staff are here to help if you need to chat or want some advice:
Mrs Perriam (Headteacher)
Mrs Davidson (Deputy Headteacher and Mental Health and Wellbeing lead)
Mrs Webb (SENCO)
Class teachers can be contacted firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Minds https://youngminds.org.uk/
- Place2be https://www.place2be.org.uk/our-services/parents-and-carers/supporting-your-child-s-mental-health/
- Every Mind Matters https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
- Public Health England https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/schools/topics/mental-wellbeing/overview
- NHS England https://www.england.nhs.uk/mental-health/
- ChatHealth for Parents of children aged 0-5 and 5-19 years is a free text messaging service with the Public Health Nurses in Hampshire. If you have a child aged 0-5 years, text 07520 615720. If you have a child aged 5-19 years, text 07507 332417.
- ChatHealth for Young People aged 11-19 years is a free text messaging service with a school nurse in Hampshire. Text 07507 332160.
- Hampshire Healthy Families offers support and advice from the Public Health Nursing Service.
- Healthier Together provides NHS advice for parents of children and young people.
- Hampshire Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) helps with emotional wellbeing and mental health for young people up to age 18.
- Hampshire Youth Access provides counselling, advice and support for children and young people.
- Simon Says offers child bereavement support.
- Catch 22 Hampshire 24/7 offers substance misuse support.
- Hampshire SENDIASS provides Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support.
- Hampshire Parent Carer Network offers help for parent carers of children and young people with an additional need or disability.
- Five Ways to Wellbeing offers tips to help everyone stay mentally well.
- Young Person’s #Coping Guide. This lists local services for young people living in North East Hampshire (Aldershot, Fleet, Farnborough and Yateley) including the local No Limits Safe Haven offering young people aged 10-17 access to out of hours emotional and practical support.
- My family coach https://www.myfamilycoach.com/
We All Have Mental Health
Useful Telephone Helplines
Samaritans - 0330 094 5717
If you need to talk to someone, the Samaritans can help- they offer emotional support and a listening ear 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This is a freephone number that can even be called from a mobile that has no credit. Your call will not appear on the phone bill.
Childline - Call 0800 1111 (24 hours)
Comforts, advises and protects children 24 hours a day and offers free confidential counselling.
NSPCC Helpline - Call 0808 800 5000 or email email@example.com
If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact our professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
Winston's Wish - Call 08088 020021
Supports bereaved children, young people and their families